An approximate value of the visual damage on a vehicle.
What Will An Estimate Tell Me?
An estimate from Bergstrom Cadillac of Madison will tell you the type of parts that will be used on the vehicle.
- OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer): a new part that is ordered directly from the vehicle's manufacturer
- USED / LKQ (Like Kind Quality): a used part from same model / type of vehicle
- RE-CONDITIONED / RE-MANUFACTURED: a used part that has been rebuilt or refurbished
- ECONOMY: a new part; not from the original manufacturer
- LABOR / HOURS, REFINISH TIME: amount of time it will take to replace parts or repair damaged areas by a technician, refinish time is the amount of labor needed to paint the vehicle
What Is An Estimate Supplement?
An estimate of additional parts and or labor needed to complete the repair. Most often is generated by the estimator when they have achieved a complete view of the damaged vehicle.
If My Vehicle's Frame Is Damaged, Is It A Total Loss?
No. A vehicle is a total loss only when the price of repairs exceeds the insurance companies determined value.
Most cars are built using uni-body construction (frame & body as one). Our skilled technicians, with the aid of our state-of the-art laser measuring system, can return any vehicle to its original factory specifications.
If it is determined that the frame section is bent beyond repair, that section can simply be replaced.
Can You Match The Paint Color?
Modern factory finishes incorporate multiple layers of highly specialized paints. Bergstrom Body Shop has made a major investment in the finest paint system available and constantly upgrades its technology and equipment to ensure that each vehicle's paint matches.
We take special pride in our ability to match factory finishes as the final step in the restoration process.
- Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or mitt
- Always use clean fresh water
- Wash your vehicle in the shade
- Do not use a commercial car wash (stiff brushes or sponges could scratch the finish and therefore damage the surface), instead use a chamois or soft towel to dry
- Do not dry wipe your vehicle (dry wiping can scratch the finish)
- Do not drive on gravel roads (chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days)
- Avoid parking under trees and utility lines which are likely to attract birds (bird droppings have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface; also, tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface)
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid or windshield solvent on the new finish
- Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface (scrapers can act like a paint scraper on a newly painted finish
(First 90 Days) Do not wax or polish the vehicle (this will allow the finish to dry and harden completely)
Are My Repairs Under Warranty?
Yes. Except as provided below, Bergstrom Automotive guarantees the work performed pursuant to the repair order so long as said vehicle shall remain under the present ownership.
This Warranty shall only apply if the defects occur under normal driving conditions and not where any vehicle has been subjected to accidents, negligence, abuse or misuse. Specifically excluded from this limited warranty is rust perforation and stone or gravel marks or chips resulting from operation conditions.
All claims against this Limited Warranty must be returned to Bergstrom Automotive for Limited Warranty coverage consideration.
- METALWORK: Bergstrom Automotive provides a Limited Warranty against defective workmanship to include welding and the application of materials utilized in making collision repairs against cracking, flaking, pitting or deterioration. Bergstrom Automotive will, at its sole option, repair and repaint any metalwork warranted hereby. Rust repairs carry a 30-day Limited Warranty
- PAINT, STRIPES AND DECALS: Bergstrom Automotive provides a Limited Warranty on painted-related priming and painted work against solvent blistering, peeling, hazing and excessive loss of pigmentation, and a Limited Warranty on the application and adhesion of decorative stripes and decals, excluding defects which are caused by extreme environmental conditions to which the vehicle may be exposed. Bergstrom Automotive will, at its sole option, re-pair, re-paint, re-stripe or re-decal the specific section or sections of the vehicle warranted hereby. Paint Limited Warranty is valid only when paint is applied over original factory finishes that are free of defect. Previously refinished panels are warranted for 12 months from the date of this certificate and are specifically excluded from this Limited Warranty
- MECHANICAL REPAIRS: Mechanical repairs performed by our service department are specifically excluded from this Limited Warranty
PARTS: Parts or materials used are in accordance with the agreed upon estimate. Those parts or materials are subject to the guarantee of the supplier and are specifically excluded from this Limited Warranty. Bergstrom will assist you in handling any claim under the supplierÂ¹s guarantee
- SUBLET: Items on the repair order such as, Sublet Work or Sublet Labor, are subject to the guarantee of those suppliers and excluded from coverage under this warranty.
Incidental costs, such as towing fees, car rental charges, travel expenses, or assemblies and components along with any consequential damages (such as damage to other assemblies and components resulting from a defective part or installation of such part installed or repaired during the repair) are specifically excluded from this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty shall not be varied, supplemented, qualified or interpreted by any prior course of detailing.